Wednesday, July 7, 2010

25 week Check- Up

Hello!!! Today was another baby check up day! I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going! I am already in the mid-20s!!!

Well they told me I had to do the glucose tolerance test between July 6- July 26 so what better time to do it than before my appointment?! UGH! Bad Idea, I should have known better, the drink made me feel light headed, woozy and sick, BLEH!

Adrian and Mia were planning on going with me but Mia woke up in such a bad mood that I spared me the stress and left her home with Dada. I felt bad Adrian would miss a second appointment but with the way the morning was going with Mia I had no choice.

So that is another reason I figured I would do my glucose testing today. So I drank the yucky orange drink they gave me and headed off to the lab. I cannot eat or drink anything after drinking the drink and I have to wait an hour exactly before getting my blood drawn. Luckily I made it to the lab on time and I got my blood drawn, then I headed off to my appointment.

I was there a bit early so they didn't take me back right away. Instead I sat in the waiting room watching Toy Story and feeling BLEH!!! When they called me back they took my blood pressure and vitals. My blood pressure was a bit low again but my pulse rate was high 117! I have been noticing my heart races for no reason, just like it did with Mia which is no fun. My weight is still very good and I am happy with it. After taking a urine test they put me in the room.

I waited only a short while before my OB came in. She was happy to see me. I told her that Adrian and Mia couldn't make it due to Mia's mood and her coming into her "Terrible Twos". We joked a bit about that and shared some stories and had a good laugh.

I then told her some of the concerns I have been having lately. Especially with the fact the baby is so low and sometimes really feels like hes on my cervix directly or my bladder. She said that was normal and not to be concerned, unless I was spotting or cramping. I also told her about the horrible side pains I have been getting and she mentioned that is the result of him just laying in a odd position and the fact hes probably big! (GREAT!) I told her about the discharge I got a couple of times last week and that concerned her alittle bit, so she ordered a urine test for to take (GREAT another visit back to the lab) to rule out any possible bladder infection. I also mentioned about my increased moodiness and irritability. She just said I need more sleep and to get out of the house for a 30 min walk once a day. As for the racing heart, she said that might be a sign of anemia (Ugh! I had that with Mia... no fun!)

That was about it for the advice. She then measured my tummy and we got to listen to the baby's heart beat. Its 144 and strong as usual! YAY! She then insisted that I should take a short little rest or nap, and that she would tell the nurses she was doing some blood pressure measurement! HAHA! I told her it was ok but she really wanted me to get some rest. I told her I would but I had already been gone so long from Adrian and Mia and I needed to get back home to help. It did sound VERY tempting though! haha

Overall the visit went GREAT! I have another visit in 4 weeks and other with my actual baby doctor in 8. Wow the time is creeping closer and closer! I can't believe it!!! EEEEK!

No comments:

Post a Comment