Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Very Special Craving


For anyone who has had serious cravings while pregnant know how important it is to get them satisfied and satisfied ASAP!

Lately my craving has been red meat! Specially roast! I have been seriously dying for a Beef and Potato Burrito from a tiny little Mexican burrito shop in Port Hueneme (Ventura County). Of course its not feasible to drive 3 hours over there just to pick one up, so I have been trying to find a substitute locally. I have been failing left and right trying to satisfy this craving. I've tried this place down the road from us and their burrito was horrific! The Pizano family favorite "Miguel's" beef and potato burrito didn't do it for me either. I even tried cooking my own pot roast and though that was "ok" it still didn't kick my craving. I knew there was only one thing to do.... Ask My Daddy for help!!!

My Dad has been planning on coming down to visit us the day before my doctor's appointment so he could watch Mia for us. I quickly jumped at the opportunity to ask for a HUGE favor! When I asked my Dad for a favor, he wasn't quite sure what to expect (especially since I am never one to ask for anything). When I told him he HAD to get me a beef and potato burrito from "El Especial" in Hueneme he chuckled a bit and of course agreed.

A few days passed and I was growing more anxious to dig my teeth into that juicy burrito. (They do make the best ones I have ever eaten). Then the big day finally came!!! Before my Dad headed out to our house he stopped by the little burrito shop and ordered me 3!!!! He then told the lady working there why and for who he was buying these burritos for. The lady was so tickled by the story. She said it was the cutest one that she has ever heard in the store's history. (A pregnant daughter who lives 3 hours away craving THEIR beef and potato burrito and ONLY theirs... and a Daddy who is to the rescue for both his unborn grandchild and daughter). She was so touched by the story she offered to send him away with a giant bowl of beef and potatoes!!! haha She then stuffed my burritos and sent my Dad away feeling proud and happy.

I was patiently waiting at home and finally my Dad came! YAY!!! He came in like a hero carrying those three HUGE delicious burritos in hand!! I was so excited but unfortunately to sick to eat them just then. So the next morning as soon as the sickness went away enough for me to eat, I wasted no time and literally dove right in to a burrito....

O-M-G!!! It was pure heaven stuffed in a tortilla!!!! My taste buds weren't the only ones dancing... my little baby pumpkin was too!!! We were all floating with every bite! It was so good!!!

Ahhhh!!! There is nothing like satisfying a pregnancy craving!!! and I have my Daddy to thank!!! Hmm.... I wonder when I can get him back for another visit so he can bring me more!! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment