Wednesday, March 24, 2010

2nd Doctor's Visit (10 weeks)

Today was another big day for us. It was our second doctor's visit for the baby. The previous visit I was given this huge packet to fill out. I was to bring it back for this visit, so I filled it out as best as I could. Most of the questions related to Adrian's and my health history as well as previous pregnancies and births.

My Dad is in town helping with Mia, so we left her with him while we left for our visit. Once we arrived at the doctor's office we had to wait a LONG time. During that time I began feeling sick again and nervous. I always get so nervous before doctor's visits. I even had a small panic attack while waiting in the waiting room which is never any fun. Eventually they called us back and we went inside. They weighed me (and yes I have lost a few pounds since the last visit) and took me and Adrian back into a back office to talk to us.

This visit was not about me physically, it was more about going over my health packet and signing papers. Like Mia's pregnancy we are refusing the genetic testing since we believe there is no need. If the baby (heaven forbid) has an issue we are not in any way going to terminate the pregnancy (which is a major reason for getting testing done so early.. so you have the option to do that if you wanted to) Plus the tests they run have high risks associated with them for both the baby and myself.

They also gave us alot of information and more paper work to read. Most of the info. we already knew about since we had done/heard all of this before with Mia's pregnancy. The nurse also set me up for my next appointment, which will be with my OB on April 7th and gave me the time frame for our first big ultra-sound (May 16th-23rd) We are pretty excited about that appointment since we will find out what pumpkin is, a little boy or a little girl!

After our meeting was over I had to head over to the lab for some tests. They took out 5 vials of blood and made me do a urine sample. Pretty typical. After that we were on our way!

Thats about it for the visit. I am looking forward to the next one because I know they will show us the heart beat again and thats always a fun treat! Now I am off to rest a bit since everyone else in the house is sleeping right now, my Dad, Adrian, Mia and Mew Mew! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment