Sunday, September 26, 2010

37 Weeks! FULL TERM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

37 weeks pregnant

Its official! I am officially FULL TERM today!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!! Wow has time really flown by... well only the last couple of months have at least. I definately have to say this pregnancy is far more difficult than Mia's. I remember after having Mia, I really mourned my belly and missed the whole pregnancy experience, however, this time around I feel I am SOOOO DONE!! with the whole pregnancy concept! haha I guess that is good, I don't think I will be getting baby fever again anytime soon.

When they say that boy pregnancies are harder on Moms than girls, they aren't kidding. I experienced that first hand! Though Mia's pregnancy was no walk in the park, at least I had a good 4-5 months in between where things were pretty good and discomforts were mild. I got to really enjoy the whole experience of becoming a Mama. This time around, it was a whole different story from the get go! I never had a period of time where I could really sit back and enjoy being pregnant. Every step and every stage SOMETHING always came up, weather it be stomach cramps, longer period of sickness, heart arrythmias, anemia, gestational diabetes complications, diet restrictions, dizziness, and the list goes on. Though it was no cake walk this time around, I would do it again 100000x over just have my little Baby Alex. Bringing him into the world means everything to me and I will sacrifice everything for him, my mind, body and SANITY! haha

Well this week hasn't been as bad as recent weeks with regards to my stomach pains. I only got a couple of horrible attacks with that, but I learned if I wear my maternity belt ALL day (which is VERY uncomfortable because the elastic digs into my skin) it keeps most of the pain episodes at bay.

I got to see my OB this week for a routine check up and everything seems on track. He doesn't seem to be oversized and might even be under Mia's birth weight! WOW! I am shocked by that. I have another appointment next week for my C-Section Pre-Op then only 1 more visit after that! The count down begins! Actually it began awhile ago! haha

This week is when it really hit me that he might come early! I really hope not! Though it would be a treat to have him here, I am just not ready yet. I still have to prep his things for his arrival (I have been doing that slowly over time but still have a lot to go), plus I am nervous about the whole transition with having a newborn and toddler! That in itself SCARES me! I am so nervous about that. The reasons why I think he might be an early bird is because of the way I am feeling. I am nesting alot more! and this discomfort and pain. At times he presses on my cervix so hard I can barely walk up right! When I do walk it almost feels like he will fall out! The pressure is crazy! Well I know for sure, if I didn't have the c-section at 39 weeks like I am, I seriously doubt I would make his original due date of 10-17! If I did I would be completely miserable and unfunctional thats for sure!

CRAVINGS:
Still baloney! I can safely say that baloney was definately one of my third trimester cravings! It has lasted WEEKS now and I still can't get enough of it. I wonder if I will even touch the stuff once hes here. Nectarines are still an all time favorite and anything that tastes like Peach! I even like peach flavored Fresca!

TIREDNESS/SICKNESS:
I am so unbelieveably tired ALL the time now. It doesn't even matter if I got a decent night's sleep the night before... I am still a walking zombie. For instance, yesterday I got a pretty decent night's sleep but I was so tired the next morning I was falling asleep while Mia and I were watching TV. I eventually had to wake Adrian up early just so I could lay down and take a real nap. I thought I would be out for only about 30-40mins but it turned out to be a 3 hour nap!!!! Only then did I feel rested enough to finish the day. I guess this pregnancy is taking a bigger toll on my body than I realize. Ugh... I am so tired NOW as we speak!

NEW SYMPTOMS:
TONS of cervical pain and pressure! Like I mentioned before, at times it gets so bad I can hardly walk and it feels like he will fall out! Pretty crazy huh? I get stabby pains in my "girly" part that I just can't pin point the exact location but it doesn't feel good at all! I am still getting those side cramps aka stomach pains and I am tired ALL the time. Getting up and down is also becoming a challenge and I can't manuver as good as I used to. I ram my belly into things ALL the time... poor baby Alex haha. He's also been rubbing on my pelvic bone alot which doesn't really hurt but feels WEIRD! I don't like it and it makes me jump alot! haha Stretch marks are at bay the the two that I have are still very tiny, THANK GOODNESS! Mia really took the cake in that department last time!

No comments:

Post a Comment