Monday, September 20, 2010

36 Week Check-Up


Phew... we just got in from the doctor's office. It was 95 degrees outside and HOT! I felt like passing out in the car for a min. there, thank goodness for AC! Well Mia isn't to happy either, infact she is crying in her room as we speak, I think we all got overheated a bit.

Well today was my 36 week check up and I got to see my OB again. I haven't seen her in a few months due to the diabetes and needed to see my Baby Doc. I love my OB because I have been with her since 2006. She has seen me through Mia's pregnancy and most of this one as well and my miscarriage. I have a great relationship with her so its always a treat to see her again.

Another treat was, this time Adrian and Mia got to come with me! That is a HUGE treat for me since I love involving them in the whole process. Unfortunately, the appointment was around Mia's nap time.. so she was alittle giddy, which I prefer over cranky (which she is right now!).

While at the appointment, to our surprise, they actually took us back a bit early. They are great doctors but are notorious for calling you back LATE! UGH! So I was happy to see that today that was not the case. They put Mia and Adrian in a room and the nurse took my vitals. I weighed 183 on their scale which is 3 pounds less than my previous visit. My blood pressure and urine tests all came back fine. After all was done they took me back to the room to rejoin Mia and Adrian.

This was a visit where I had to have a culture done where the sun don't shine... OUCH! I remember this specific test from Mia's pregnancy, and yep it was the same. So while we were waiting on that, Mia had fun playing with the little toy they had in the room and Adrian and I chatted.

Rita (my OB) soon arrived and greeted us. She commented on how big Mia has gotten and of course Mia acted shy around her. Rita asked some questions regarding how I am feeling and I explained that I have bouts of dizziness (she thinks I need to drink more water, and shes probably right) I told her how the diabetes is going and about my horrible stomach cramps. She says to keep wearing my maternity belt all the time to help with that. She also ordered another urine test to make sure everything is fine ... (ugh I hate those things, I am so big I can't even see the cup!! haha) We chatted a bit more but Mia was a little bit distracting. Like I mentioned before, she was tired and giddy so she thought it was funny to sniff the toy in the room and say "PEE-U!" really loud and laugh! She was doing this over and over and we couldn't get her to stop! It was still kind of funny though... sigh little Mia!

Then came time for my culture which only took about a second... though it was still uncomfortable. She then measured my belly and said hes a good size. I asked her how much she guesses he weighs right now and she said probably around 6 lbs and shouldn't get bigger than 7-8 lbs at the end! YAY!!!! Maybe he will be around the size of Mia who was 8.3! I might still get my little newborn afterall!

Then she listened to his heart beat. She couldn't find it right away but eventually he allowed her to check it out. It is strong and beats 42 bpm. Mia got a kick out of hearing her little brother's heart beat and I got a kick out of watching her.

Everything checked out great! I have another appointment next week with with my Baby Doc for my pre-op, and I see Rita again the week after! Pretty crazy that I only have 2 more appointments left before hes here!!!! EEEK!

After the appointment I had to go to the lab to get my blood drawn and we were on our way. Mia didn't like that I had an "ouchie" on my arm and her mood changed from there. Thats when she started to get upset and cry alot... so the ride home wasn't very fun.

Anyway, the appointment was great, everything checked out well! I can't wait to meet him now! I can't believe its just around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment