Tuesday, June 15, 2010

22 week check up

Today was another busy busy day for us. I had another baby check up, but unfortunately due to Mia's sickness (which she is getting better... no temp today YAY!) I didn't want to take her out so Daddy had to sit home with her this visit. It was sad but, health comes first.

So I drove myself to my appointment. It was pretty hot out and I am not sure if it was the lack of sleep and huge amount of stress I have been going through these past couple of days (due to Mia being sick) but I felt completely out of it today. I even got severely dizzy a few times. I chalked it up to needing to drink more water and rest.

I checked in and eventually they took me back. I lost 3 pounds (which I think was due to me not eating very well due to stress these past couple of days) but my blood pressure and HR were good. I then went back and waited to be seen.

Rita (my OB) was happy to see me. I told her about the disaster the last couple of days were and why Adrian and Mia weren't with me. She was concerned about Mia and sent her well wishes. We chatted a bit and she gave me some good advice on some stuff.

One of them being the stomach pain I have been feeling alot. She says that since this is my second pregnancy I am a bit more stretched out inside than I was with Mia, therefore things will ache and hurt more. I explained how he likes to lay sideways and it hurts, and she mentioned that I can do some stretches to help with that. She said I could get on all fours and arch my back like a cat then bend it down like a howling dog then wiggle my butt! haha She said sometimes that will get the baby to change positions... I think I will have to try that one out sometime.

She also said that the ultra sounds came back completely normal but the only thing she didn't know was the gender. I told her "ITS A BOY!!!" and she got so excited and happy for us. She said that it couldn't happen to a more deserving couple. (She knew from previous visits that we were routing for a boy).

Then came time for the tummy measurement and heart beat. My tummy measures a perfect size AND the heart beat was loud and strong. (148 bpm) Hes definately is happy as a clam in there!!!

She was very pleased with my progress and commented on that. The next visit will consist of some blood work and the horrible and dreaded glucose test! YUCK! I told her how I didn't pass the first test with Mia and I ended up having to do the horrible 3 hour one. She then told me some tips to consider this time around. Like stopping all sweets at least 2 days before the test, and the morning of, no sweets AT ALL not even juice and to eat alot of protein. Hopefully that will help, I REALLY REALLY REEEEEEEEEEEEEALY don't want to have to do that 3 hour test again.

We chatted a bit more and it was time to go. I checked out and headed home to my other babies. Overall the check up went great and yep I am over half way done!!! YIKES!!

No comments:

Post a Comment